For more than 20 years, generating valuable leads for medical device manufacturers has been integral to Sagefrog’s success in the market. Generating leads is a crucial aspect of any business, but it becomes even more critical in the highly competitive medical device industry.
Medical device manufacturing is a unique industry with strict regulatory requirements, niche target markets requiring a deep understanding of customer needs, and highly specialized or complex products and technologies. They also have strict quality control, long product lifecycles, and fierce competition and innovation among contemporaries. Combined, these challenges can make it extremely difficult to connect with the right audiences, provide consistently positive user experiences, and maintain an edge over everyone else in the field.
Fortunately, specific tactics can be applied to medical device manufacturers’ advertising strategies to overcome these obstacles, generate leads, and achieve success in the market.
6 Proven Tactics to Generate Leads for Medical Device Companies
- Build a Strong & Consistent Brand Identity
- Promote Referrals to Generate Medical Device Leads
- Prioritize SEO to Target Bottom-of-Funnel Keywords
- Invest in PPC to Target High-Quality Leads
- Use Paid Social to Target Ideal Demographics
- Offer a Compelling Value Proposition
Build a Strong & Consistent Brand Identity
With so many competing medical device companies, the need for consistent and compelling visual representation and messaging is greater than ever. A strong brand identity is essential to increased lead generation and can be achieved through a combination of tactics. Some ideas include:
- Define your mission, vision, values, and target audiences to create consistent and coherent messaging that resonates with customers
- Develop a unique and compelling value proposition that sets your products and company apart from the competition
- Create a consistent visual identity, including logo, color palette, and typography, to use across all marketing materials to build brand recognition and maintain your desired image
- Generate quality content like case studies, white papers, and blogs that educate and inform potential customers about your products and services to build trust and credibility
- Use consistent messaging across all marketing channels, including your website, social platforms, emails, and ads, to build brand recognition and reinforce your brand identity
- Engage your employees to act as brand ambassadors who can build and promote your brand and reinforce your brand identity among your target audience
Explore how a new Brand Strategy reintroduced Nixon Medical to a surplus of top-quality prospects.
Promote Referrals to Generate Medical Device Leads
Referrals provide instant credibility to healthcare professionals who are key decision-makers in purchasing medical devices. Actively promoting referrals can also help medical device companies maintain their position in the market and generate growth by speeding up sales cycles, reducing the costs of acquiring new customers, improving retention, and enhancing customer satisfaction. Consider these tips when working on referral promotion:
- Satisfied customers are more likely to refer others to your business, so a focus on product quality and exceptional customer service are essential
- Offer incentives, such as discounts, gifts, or exclusive offers, to customers who refer others to your business
- Provide customers with easy-to-use referral tools, such as sharable links or codes that simplify and streamline the process for senders and recipients
- Don’t be afraid to simply ask! Train your sales and customer service teams to ask for referrals at the end of customer transactions and interactions
- Follow up on all referred leads with prompt and professional responses to ensure that they are satisfied with your medical devices and supporting services
AED manufacturer Defibtech becomes fastest growing medical device company in North America.
Prioritize SEO to Target Bottom-of-Funnel Keywords
Prioritizing SEO (search engine optimization) enables medical device companies to efficiently target bottom-of-funnel keywords, which help attract high-quality traffic, improve website visibility, and increase brand awareness. These lead to higher conversion rates, improved customer engagement, and increased referrals. While SEO strategies are often more on the technical side, they still serve to drive engagement, improve customer experiences, and generate leads. Methods may include:
- Conduct keyword research to identify bottom-of-funnel keywords that are most relevant to your medical devices and services
- Create and optimize website content for your identified keywords by incorporating them into page titles, meta descriptions, HTML tags, and body content
- Improve the structure of your website to optimize the user experience and make it easier for search engines to crawl and index your pages
- Build backlinks from other websites to yours, which helps build credibility and authority, making it more likely to rank higher in the SERPs
- Regularly monitor and measure the efforts of your SEO efforts, including target keyword rankings, site traffic, and conversion rates, and make adjustments as needed
EHR software company Core Solutions increases leads by >700% in one year with content marketing.
Invest in PPC to Target High-Quality Leads
A PPC (pay-per-click) campaign is a marketing tactic that enables medical device companies to reach new customers actively searching for specific devices and services and can be extremely useful in generating more high-quality leads. Some tips to maximize the success of a PPC campaign include:
- Target particular subsets of users, patients, and healthcare providers and increase the likelihood of reaching those who are interested in the type of products and services you offer
- Direct traffic to landing pages that are optimized for lead generation, providing a seamless experience for potential customers and making it easier to capture their information and build relationships
- Use remarketing techniques targeting repeat website visitors and those who’ve interacted with your products and services to increase the chances of conversion
- Leverage A/B testing to optimize conversion rates and consistently improve the quality of each lead
Use Paid Social to Target Ideal Demographics
Just about everyone has an account on a social platform. That includes medical professionals who may seek to use or recommend a device and patients or end users seeking healthcare solutions. Whether your primary audience is on LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok, or any combination of platforms, paid social is a potent option for extending your reach and connecting with niche audiences. Paid social advertising allows medical device manufacturers to target specific groups of people based on a variety of demographic, geographic, and psychographic factors. Here are a few things to remember when planning your campaign:
- Paid social platforms, such as Facebook and LinkedIn, allow advertisers to target specific demographics, including age ranges, gender, education levels, job titles, and more, making it easier to reach patients and practitioners with highly particular specific needs, interests, and specialties
- Medical device manufacturers can use paid social to specifically target individuals and patient communities based on their physical location to reach people in specific regions, cities, and even zip codes
- Paid social platforms allow advertisers to target people based on their interests, behaviors, and online activities, making it easier to reach those who are likely to be interested in the medical devices they offer
- Medical device manufacturers can create custom audiences based on who has interacted with your website, products, or services and serve ads to them specifically
Offer a Compelling Value Proposition
Finally, let’s look at how a compelling value proposition can help increase lead generation for medical device companies. Your value proposition is the promise you make to your customers about the benefits and value they’ll receive from using your medical device. This key message explains why your medical devices are better than your competitors’ and why someone would choose your products among all the options on the market. In terms of generating new leads, some specific elements medical device companies should focus on include:
- Describe the clinical efficacy of your device and the benefits it offers over existing treatments, and back it up with data from studies and clinical trials
- Demonstrate the unique features or capabilities that set your medical device apart and make it the best choice for patients and healthcare providers
- Explain how your device provides a more cost-effective solution with comparable or even more benefits than alternative options
- Show how easy to use, understand, and operate your medical devices are in reducing the likelihood of mistakes or errors
- Make audiences aware of any potential insurance reimbursements
- Provide product support solutions, including training, troubleshooting, and repair services to support patients and providers throughout the life of the device
Putting It All Together
Generating leads for medical device companies requires a strategic and targeted approach. Using the six tactics outlined here, you can more effectively reach your target audiences and consistently generate high-quality leads. If you want help putting these tactics into action, reach out to us! Our experienced team of professionals is here to help.