Sagefrog strives to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Sagefrog Marketing Group, LLC (“SAGEFROG”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with http://www.sagefrog.com/ (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Sagefrog practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning Sagefrog’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to contact (at) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Information Sagefrog gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. SAGEFROG collects the following types of Personal Information:Contact Information. Contact Information allows SAGEFROG to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of SAGEFROG. SAGEFROG may also request demographic contact information including, but not limited to, your job title, job function, and corporate title.Transaction Information. SAGEFROG automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps SAGEFROG analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with SAGEFROG, information about how you use SAGEFROG’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and SAGEFROG business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, SAGEFROG collects Mobile Location.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on SAGEFROG’s blog, SAGEFROG may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
- How SAGEFROG Collects Personal Information
Lawful basis for SAGEFROG’s processing of your Personal Information:
As applicable, the following is the lawful basis SAGEFROG relies on to process your Personal Information:
Legitimate Interest means the interest of Sagefrog in conducting and managing its business to enable it to give you best service/product and the most optimized and secure interaction. SAGEFROG makes sure to weigh any potential Sagefrog on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before SAGEFROG processes your Personal Information for its legitimate interest. Unless SAGEFROG has your consent or is otherwise required or permitted to by law, it will not use your Personal Information for activities where the Sagefrog on your overrides SAGEFROG’s interests.
- How SAGEFROG Uses Personal Information
SAGEFROG may use Personal Information to enhance to enhance your user experience, to help SAGEFROG better understand you, to help SAGEFROG customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help SAGEFROG otherwise enhance the Site.SAGEFROG uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ SAGEFROG experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about SAGEFROG partners or third parties; and
- When and Why SAGEFROG Discloses Personal Information
SAGEFROG will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. SAGEFROG will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot, Salesforce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How SAGEFROG Uses Personal Information”) above.
- SAGEFROG employs other companies to perform tasks on SAGEFROG’s behalf and therefore SAGEFROG must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. SAGEFROG may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing SAGEFROG’s rights or protect SAGEFROG property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- SAGEFROG believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- SAGEFROG believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- SAGEFROG believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- SAGEFROG believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend SAGEFROG in litigation or a regulatory action.
- SAGEFROG believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
SAGEFROG will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless SAGEFROG is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of SAGEFROG’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
This Privacy Statement only governs when and why SAGEFROG discloses Personal Information. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that SAGEFROG does not own or control, or individuals that SAGEFROG does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to SAGEFROG’s control. SAGEFROG is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the SAGEFROG Site.
SAGEFROG encourages you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
SAGEFROG may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, SAGEFROG may provide our partners, (such as HubSpot or Salesforce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about SAGEFROG users.
- Personal Information Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period, SAGEFROG considers the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why SAGEFROG gathers such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
- Tracking Technologies – Indirect Data Collection
- Choice and Control
While SAGEFROG does need to gather certain information to make your SAGEFROG experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, SAGEFROG wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, SAGEFROG may contact you about our services or your activity.
If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing SAGEFROG by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
- Security of Personal Information
SAGEFROG strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore SAGEFROG cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. SAGEFROG strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and has put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
- EU Data Subject Rights
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information SAGEFROG holds about you and to check that SAGEFROG is lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information. This enables SAGEFROG to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though SAGEFROG may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Request erasure of Personal Information. This enables you to ask SAGEFROG to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for SAGEFROG continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask SAGEFROG to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where SAGEFROG may have processed your information unlawfully or where SAGEFROG is required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that SAGEFROG may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to gathering of your Personal Information where SAGEFROG is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where SAGEFROG is gathering your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, SAGEFROG may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to gather your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of gathering of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask SAGEFROG to suspend the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want SAGEFROG to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where SAGEFROG’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want SAGEFROG to erase it; (c) where you need SAGEFROG to hold the data even if SAGEFROG no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to SAGEFROG’s use of your data but SAGEFROG needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. SAGEFROG will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for SAGEFROG to use or where SAGEFROG used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where SAGEFROG is relying on consent to gather your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, SAGEFROG may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. SAGEFROG will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Withdrawing Consent
If SAGEFROG is relying on your consent for certain activities, you have the right to withdraw you sent at any time by contacting SAGEFROG at email@example.com
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by SAGEFROG through the Site. SAGEFROG utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than SAGEFROG. SAGEFROG encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
- SAGEFROG Blog
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
SAGEFROG may, from time to time, in SAGEFROG’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify its practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. SAGEFROG encourages all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement. You are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when you use the Site after such changes have been first posted.
- Contact SAGEFROG
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact SAGEFROG by sending an email to contact (at) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Information Sagefrog gathers